Spew
I am spewing everything that's been kept on a hard drive. It doesn't really matter, in fact, as there is only a few people who will even notice. I swear to God, we have written entire albums no one will ever hear but us and what's between us and the other side of that mysterious veil of life and death, and scores of poetry like so many, will forever go unnoticed in anonymity. We are almost completely insignificant; So much so, in fact, that thinking this kind of perspective should never be nursed, is completely unimportant. Besides, those who I ever hoped to be inspired by this are fixed in their choice application now, and these thoughts, only a reminiscent nostalgia of yesterday.
A part of me feels empty without you,
And a part of you thrives on emptiness,
I am not all you cracked me up to be,
And yet I'm so much more,
So much less...
I am falling away with you,
Falling away from you,
The great divide,
All of this pride and possession,
There is something in denial,
Something I feel like you're forgetting,
The honesty of human beings,
It suffers and it's seething,
Been repressed,
Undressed and left alone and naked,
Not exposed,
For faking it's own shame,
Doesn't she mean enough to you,
Not to ignore?
Have you no manly words of comfort,
For the whore, next door?
Or even for the virgin terrified,
Of letting anyone inside?
She's a big girl,
She can cope on her own.
She's a big girl,
She will cope.
I.E. 2010

I am spewing everything that's been kept on a hard drive. It doesn't really matter, in fact, as there is only a few people who will even notice. I swear to God, we have written entire albums no one will ever hear but us and what's between us and the other side of that mysterious veil of life and death, and scores of poetry like so many, will forever go unnoticed in anonymity. We are almost completely insignificant; So much so, in fact, that thinking this kind of perspective should never be nursed, is completely unimportant. Besides, those who I ever hoped to be inspired by this are fixed in their choice application now, and these thoughts, only a reminiscent nostalgia of yesterday.
A part of me feels empty without you,
And a part of you thrives on emptiness,
I am not all you cracked me up to be,
And yet I'm so much more,
So much less...
I am falling away with you,
Falling away from you,
The great divide,
All of this pride and possession,
There is something in denial,
Something I feel like you're forgetting,
The honesty of human beings,
It suffers and it's seething,
Been repressed,
Undressed and left alone and naked,
Not exposed,
For faking it's own shame,
Doesn't she mean enough to you,
Not to ignore?
Have you no manly words of comfort,
For the whore, next door?
Or even for the virgin terrified,
Of letting anyone inside?
She's a big girl,
She can cope on her own.
She's a big girl,
She will cope.
I.E. 2010

No comments:
Post a Comment