8.03.2010

Paper Tree

Once again, I feel my Self hollowin',
The core version of whatever I should be,
Or want to be,
Thin as a paper tree,
This clearly was not meant to be,
Anything but what it was,
The same messages pervading,
The same silence bellowing,
A cold wind blowing,
Through the crevasses beneath,
The paper tree,
Whose roots cut through,
The subway tunnel it sits above,
Recorded every word,
Ever written about Love,
And strife,
On the branches of this,
Recycled paper Tree of Life,
Maybe I tried to be,
A new age hippie,
But the awkward dishonesty prevailed,
Tearing so fast away the veil,
That hid your face under stars and hearts,
Sparkly, glow in the dark,
Seen men chase the other women,
Before and after chasing me,
Or they hide in their hermit holes,
Afraid of what they see,
So many soaring,
So many crawling on their bellies,
But it's very plainly showing,
That you are pregnant with accomplishment,
Walled in for protection,
I am a wound left exposed in the sun,
Healing takes so long,
Sobriety is for the strong,
And I am stoned on the fruits of our weakness.

I.E. 2010

No comments: